Clear All

• SABINE River

Look what CT caught.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170205-191237.png
Views:	1
Size:	3.16 MB
ID:	189747
    Work fascinates me, I can sit and watch it for hours.

I'm sorry, I thought I heard fish fry!

Comment

Sabine White Bass 2/5/17
      Ive had the itch to get back up to Sabine River to chase the spawning white bass. I didn't get to go last year with river being flooded every time I could go. So my itch has been bad this year watching river gage and looking for word of anyone catching. I caught wind of a good catch last week and hoped timing would be right. I hooked Matt into going on Saturday and we left early. Arrived at ramp little past 8:00 and I was puzzled no one was at ramp as thought would be a line of boats launching. A quick check of ramp I saw why. Knee deep mud half way up ramp, but still put on boots to see if it was possible as doing my best to scratch that itch. Debated and decided best not risk it as knew of ramp downstream at River Ridge. I've heard of River Ridge just never been there best two words to describe it rough and rustic. They had somewhat cleaned out ramp enough for us to get launched. Off to explore new to me section of river and try to catch our limits. Headed up stream to a area I've done well at before after a slow ride we got our lines wet nothing. About then couple other boats arrive and similar results. So slow trolling along the banks back downstream picking up one here and one there. Poor catching, but good fishing adventure.
      Life is an adventure-explore it.

Comment

Most reports I've read on sand bass has been just feeshn.....They might turn on soon as I haven't seen/heard of any massive feesh kills anywhere that would have depleted their population......
        90% of the crappie are in 10% of the lake & 10% of the fisherman will catch'em!

Comment

Working...
        X