Blue Sea Systems fusebox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Sea Systems fusebox

I had some electrical issues on the boat and almost had a fire with melting wires. The melting wires was a cause of a cheap wiring harness from China for my led flood and spot lights. In the process of rewiring and making my own harness, I noticed some corrosion and rusting in my factory fuse block. So I just decided to play it safe and wire in a new fusebox. I went with a Blue Sea Systems fusebox with a cover. I replaced the battery cables while I was at it. So I praticly rewired the whole boat and it took all weekend to do it.

old fusebox

new fusebox

Here is the new fusebox in place.

Comment

Here is at the batteries

Comment

Looks good , should last a while.

Comment

Now I just need to get out on the lake and learn the new fish finder

Comment

Only got to use it twice before the wires melting and almost had a fire
            Last edited by gregory305; 01-31-2016, 07:12 PM.

Comment

looks good gregory..............that should hold you for a few years anyway.............
              I love to eat, fish and cook........not necessarily in that order

Comment

Electrical stuff does not work well after you let the smoke out. That new fuse box and wiring should keep all the smoke contained.
                Good judgement is a result of experience. Experience is usually a result of bad judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by cwhitney View Post
                  Electrical stuff does not work well after you let the smoke out. That new fuse box and wiring should keep all the smoke contained.
                  luckily all the smoke was contained in the cheap china wiring I bought off amazon. Everything worked after the bad wires were taken out. But I don't want to take any chances when it comes to electronic. Especially my new fishfinder. Plus I like the new setup better.
                  Last edited by gregory305; 01-31-2016, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Well worth the investment, to be certain. I really like the looks of the new fuse box, too.
                    CWhitney does have a point about letting the smoke out. Kinda ruins the stuff. Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by cwhitney View Post
                      LOL! I just hate it when the smoke starts leaking out of the wires!
                      Robert
                      A ship is safe in harbor, but that is not what ships are for.

Comment

Working...
                      X