Think about This

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think about This

If for some reason you are out of your boat, can you get back in? Even that you are wearing your PFD, but can you in your personal physical condition get back in your boat. I was doing something's in the water at the ramp today and realized that I can't just do the things that I used too and realized that if I was in the water while in the lake that I couldn't get back in. I suggest that you try it before the water gets cold. Think about a plan beforehand
    "It's not the size of the fisherman in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the fisherman."

"A little white lie will get you in just as much trouble, so why not go ahead and tell a good-un."

"3 things you need to be successfull, a Wishbone, a Backbone and a darn good Funnybone!"

Bird, this is a good post.....everyone that owns a boat should be aware of his/her limitations....
    thanks for posting this...
    I love to eat, fish and cook........not necessarily in that order

Comment

Another good reason to wear those PFDs. Even if you can't get back in the boat, you will be able to keep floating.
      Good judgement is a result of experience. Experience is usually a result of bad judgement.

Comment

I tried getting back on my kayak and the belly just wouldn't let me. Ended up swimming to shore pulling the yak.
        Work fascinates me, I can sit and watch it for hours.

Comment

A ladder on the back of any boat is A Life Saver! If you do any swimming or do happen to fall off or getting back on the boat after pushing off from a beached situation. I would have trouble myself getting back in any boat from the water without a ladder, especially if it was deeper water that I couldn't stand... weather its a Jon, Bass, Pontoon or Ski boat!

Comment

Couldn't have said it better myself! Excellent post Bird.

Comment

Working...
            X