This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12th annual Lake Conroe Cajun Catfishing Contest

It's that time of year again. The Conroe Cajun Catfish Festival and FishingAcrossTx.com are sponsoring its 12th annual Lake Conroe Cajun Catfishing Contest. Prizes will be awarded for the largest three catfish submitted. Consolation prizes will be randomly given out by FishingAcrossTx.com via a drawing at the conclusion of the contest. Actual prizes as well as quantity of prizes will be based on donations made by local merchants. See the prize list below.

Contest will begin on September 9th and end on October 10th at 8am. All catfish entered must be weighed and photographed and documented. Anglers of the three largest catfish will be awarded the three top prizes by FishingAcrossTx.com. In addition to the three largest catfish awards random anglers will be selected via a drawing and awarded consolation prizes. Every catfish submitted over five pounds will get the angler an additional entry into the random drawing. See the prize list below and keep them catfish coming.

ENTRY PROCEDURE:
    Catch a catfish between September 9th and 8am on October 10th, take a picture of the catfish with the angler and record it before Tuesday October 11th @ 7pm along with the anglers name and contact information at www.FishingAcrossTx.com via a post in a dedicated thread, which will be set up prior to the start of the contest. Contest photos may be printed and on display at the Cajun Catfishing Contest and FishingAcrossTx.com booth at the Conroe Cajun Catfish Festival October 14th, 15th and 16th.

If the catfish entered into the contest is over 10 pounds it is recommended to be returned to the lake. Big catfish awards will be announced and presented on Oct 16th between noon and 3:00pm at the Cajun Catfishing Contest and FishingAcrossTx.com booth. Consolation prize winners will be drawn and presented after the big catfish awards have been announced. Winners are not required to be present to accept winnings.

CONTEST RULES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
    To be eligible for awards angler must be a member of www.FishingAcrossTx.com;
    To be eligible for awards angler must submit a catfish to the contest;
    To be eligible for 1st place award the angler must submit a catfish photo;
    Only catfish caught legally will be allowed to be entered into the contest;
    An angler can enter as many catfish as they catch;
    Only catfish caught in Lake Conroe will be allowed to be entered into the contest;
    Only catfish 5 pounds and larger will be accepted into the contest (each catfish entered will be another chance in the random drawing);
    All catfish 10 pounds and larger should be returned to the lake;
    All efforts must be made to keep the catfish alive, if the catfish does not swim off angler must maintain catfish in an edible condition;
    All state and local fishing and boating laws must be followed.

TOP PRIZES IN ORDER OF AWARD*:
    1st place $150
    2nd place $100
    3rd place $50

CURRENT LIST OF RANDOM PRIZES INCLUDE*:
    4 - $50 Bass Pro Shop Gift Card
    1 - $50 Cabelas Gift Card
    2 - $25 Cabelas Gift Card
    1 - $50 Amazon Gift Card

*Prizes subject to change pending final outcome of donations and availability.
    Last edited by dpiper; 10-15-2016, 07:51 PM.
    BASS Fishermen Unite!
    Chairman and Founder of Brotherhood of Bassers (BoB)
    Crappie are nothing more than a "Want-a-be-Bass"

Sept `12th? that seems to late in the month......
    I love to eat, fish and cook........not necessarily in that order

Comment

Updated start date to Sept 9th. That will allow the contest to last one month.
      BASS Fishermen Unite!

Comment

Fishy, if you can't catch a fish when given a month you need to find a new hobby.
        BASS Fishermen Unite!

Comment

Originally posted by dpiper View Post
          Fishy, if you can't catch a fish when given a month you need to find a new hobby.
          well I only caught 1 last year which was pretty pitiful...............

Comment

Well i'm retired now so I will catch at least 1 fish. I hope.....maybe i'll try.
            ....I
            www.mudcatflaggingjugs.com
            mudcat1@sbcglobal.net
            713-824-6534

Comment

Update on drawing location. The drawings will be held at 7 Legaus Mexican restaurant on 105 just before Navajo dr on the left going West. Sunday the 16th at 12 noon.
              Work fascinates me, I can sit and watch it for hours.

Comment

Well another year has gone by and we had a successful tournament again . The award banquet was also a success with all of those that attended.

Thanks to everyone that participated.
                Attached Files
                Work fascinates me, I can sit and watch it for hours.

Comment

• spooner
                  spooner commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cathunter and I enjoyed seeing everyone!

so who were all the winners?
                who won the money and who won the prizes?
                inquiring minds want to know......
                anyone?
                Last edited by fishy; 10-26-2016, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X