Recovery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recovery

Has the lake rcovered from that massive fish kill a few years ago?

I'm guessing you're talking about Lake Conroe since your location is Conroe. I'd suggest the best thing you could do would be to cllick on the forum tab and scroll down to search the posts listed under the Lake or the species of fish you're interested in to see what others have caught recently. Hope this helps and welcome to the site...
    The only difference between mediocrity and excellence is effort. M.T. Walton

Comment

Actually he is talking about Lake Fairfield NH, almost all the Redfish, and lots of others had a die off a couple of years ago...the state restocked and they should be getting to be some 2 year old Reds in the lake, but I have not heard any reports.
      Weldon Kirk
      Lake Record Holder
      65 Previous or current Youth and Lake records caught on my boat
      www.fishtales-guideservice.com[/url]

Comment

Honey Hole just did a show on Fairfield. The weather was cold, but they did catch a few fish.
        What they caught looked healthy. I would hope whatever was causing the kills is figured out; thus prevented if possible.
        I know what it is like to have your local fishing hole, turn belly up. 3.5 years later, still waiting for glory to return.

Comment

That must be a real Hoot to catch a Red Fish of any size in fresh water. I can see it now crappie fishing and BAM strip all your line off, Ha.
          Work fascinates me, I can sit and watch it for hours.

Comment

Heck Fin, your line might melt before it strips off! :ROFL:
            I bet that would be a blast.
            I don't recall if they said anything about the Reds, but it will repeat on WFN.

Comment

I was thinking about the Lake Fairfield here in Texas not NH

Comment

Originally posted by Fin View Post
                I was thinking about the Lake Fairfield here in Texas not NH

NH stands for Nighthunter....not new hampshire..........you ole coot.......HA!
                I love to eat, fish and cook........not necessarily in that order

Comment

Thought I would get a rise out of someone, :ROFL:

Comment

Honey Hole only does Texas lakes, hence no rise here. :ROFL:

Comment

Originally posted by Fin View Post
                      Thought I would get a rise out of someone, :ROFL:

nice recovery!!
                      I love to eat, fish and cook........not necessarily in that order

Comment

i know where to go and what to throw
                        M.I.L.F ( man i love fishing)
                        we Cook's have been in Texas since my great grandfather was run out of Tennessee on a stolen horse

Comment

I went up to Fairfield two weeks ago for the 1st time in about 3 years. I caught 10 LMB with the largest being about 2 3/4#. All fish caught on senkos and shallow running crank baits. The lake is full and overall, the water looked very good. I don't think this body of water will ever be a numbers or size lake, but it could surprise someone. The best thing of all is that the plant is generating!

Comment

Working...
                          X