No announcement yet.

Lake Conroe has been Clear Cut!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to recover from the shock, and first I want to say how indebted we all are to you two for braving the wind and waves to not only get out there, but to video it all for us to see. We are grateful for your work.

I just called Tim birdsong and he is conveniently away from his phone, but I left a message and secured his cell phone number.
    Bigger is better. :D

Comment

how to capture Images from Windows Media Player

* Open Window Media Player
      * Then go to Tools | Options
      * In Options, select the Performance Tab
      * Way below you click on the Advanced Button
      * Uncheck “Use Overlays’
      * Click Ok
      * And you are ready.

Now run your movie in any size or screen resolution. Use the standard ‘Print Screen Key’ Method as described and you have captured a snapshot from your favourite movie on windows media player.

Or, Instead of the Print Screen Method - try pressing “CTRL+I”. This pops up a save as window after capturing the screenshot
      After you open Window Media Player. Go to Tools | Options | Performance Tab. You will see a picture similar to the first image above. Reduce the “Video acceleration” from the default Full to None, click ok and then close down media player. Next open the file you want to take a still using the Print Screen method - from press ALT and the PrintScrn key to copy an image of media player to the clipboard.

how to print pictures from youtube videos.
      If you have a Mac, pause it and use grab. If you have a PC, pause it and press Ctrl + Print screen+ Ctrl + C to get a picture of the whole screen which you can paste into your pictures as normal.

Comment

thanks 9

Comment

OMG! Pray for rain and a lot of it. I marked that one at the 1097 bridge two months ago when I nearly hit it. Thanks for the effort out there. Please be careful.

Comment

:stun:http://scbc.activeboard.com/t4747643...f-lake-conroe/

Comment

Interesting lhw001 , someone probably did see the contractors cutting and start cutting. There needs to be signs posted saying it is against the law to remove the vegetation or trees or anything from the lake without permission. No one will follow the rules if they are not posted properly and people do not know them. I informed an entire condo the other day on why they could not remove the stumps. AND if the rules do get posted EVERYWHERE like they should then someone who broke them needs to be punished to warrant others from committing the same mistake/crime.

Comment

please sign the petition people, every little bit helps

Comment

Originally posted by MSUFishingFanatic View Post
                  Interesting lhw001 , someone probably did see the contractors cutting and start cutting. There needs to be signs posted saying it is against the law to remove the vegetation or trees or anything from the lake without permission. No one will follow the rules if they are not posted properly and people do not know them. I informed an entire condo the other day on why they could not remove the stumps. AND if the rules do get posted EVERYWHERE like they should then someone who broke them needs to be punished to warrant others from committing the same mistake/crime.
                  they probably read or seen that other property owners were given permission and figured it was cool. thats the problem with letting one do it then they all want to do it.

Comment

please take the time to attend the meeting,,,, http://www.fishingacrosstx.com/forum...4389#post74389

Comment

Just a question... Since a lot of us found out about the stump cutting via facebook bragging by the marina can that be used against them? The proof is right on the facebook page, they admitted it.

Comment

It is a prosecutable offense to cut stumps in the lake without permission from SJRA or the USFS up north. I look at this way. You can’t go into a park, or a golf course, or your neighbor’s yard, or National forest, and cut down a tree. You have no more of a right to cut a tree down on property that doesn’t belong to you than does someone else have a right to cut a tree down on your property without the owner consent.

Now if they will do anything about is is another story.
                        Originally posted by MSUFishingFanatic View Post
                        Just a question... Since a lot of us found out about the stump cutting via facebook bragging by the marina can that be used against them? The proof is right on the facebook page, they admitted it.
                        BASS Fishermen Unite!
                        Chairman and Founder of Brotherhood of Bassers (BoB)
                        Crappie are nothing more than a "Want-a-be-Bass"

Comment

But..., if they cut the stumps at water level and now the water level is up 2-3 inches, those stumps are now unsafe water hazards. Somebody just sabataged Live Branch, like planting a mine field, and somebody will get hurt....not to mention a lot of boats will get damaged. Or, like filling a lane on I-45 with roofing tacks pointing straight up. Who would take it upon themselves to go do that? Either a moron....or a vandal interested in causing major damage. Either needs to be made an example of, prosecuted, found guilty, and sentenced with jail time and a fine. That's reasonable.

Comment

!!!!

Comment

Here is a bit of info I found out and it has been shared with a couple of people on here, this is a summary.

I found out about this on Facebook, was pissed off as anyone and fired an email off to Blake Kellum. His response was that is was approved by a multitude of agencies, etc etc etc and that "The Palms" had funded the operation.

With that said I then suggested that if they were going to undertake such a project, that might thoroughly tick a few people off, they might want to do a better job of PR and not let "The Palms" act like they were the Bruce Almighty of Lake Conroe.

He said he would pass it along to the PR manager.

Now with all of this info and it being such a hot topic, why did none of the other agencies not make an announcement prior to the undertaking? That to me is a valid question for each one of them including TPWD and SJRA. If you sneak around stealing cookies out of the cookie jar, you are going to get caught, especially when your smart aleck partner ("The Palms") likes to puff up their chest and take credit.

Comment

BTW, link no worky. Either need to be a member or they pulled it.

Comment

Working...
                                X