Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not Conroe but where????? Feb 19 fishing success!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Conroe but where????? Feb 19 fishing success!

I live on Conroe and monitor that thread. Plus I know a few forum members from here, so I posted this here. But the report might or might not be from here . . .. . .

After 5 hours fishing on Sunday, Feb. 19, Molly and I boxed 71 fine eatin' bluegills, bream and a few redears. Our No. 1 favorite eating fish! Some of the biggest we ever caught. Many were between 9 in and 11 in. Thickness was at least 2" on most.

Bait was whole nightcrawlers on gold TruTurn hooks., fished about 2' down in 3-1/2' FOW. Parts of crawlers worked, but the big boys & gals preferred the entire crawler. Maybe the gold color attracted them too. Bonus to the TruTurn hook is that it will straighten out when you have a stubborn one that hooks deep. A quick move with the needlenose pliers re-curves the hook bend, so you're back fishing in no time at all.

With ultralight gear, it was a blast! What fighters! We topped off our flip-flop bench cooler in the boat with fish and even had to remove a bit of ice to close the lid. On the way home, we bought 60# of ice and divided the catch into 3 coolers to keep fresh until cleaning time.

Many people on the lake didn't catch much at all, so we were most fortunate.

BTW, the lake and exact HH on the lake will remain undisclosed.

WOW....that looks like a lot of fun...Nice catchn.....
    90% of the crappie are in 10% of the lake & 10% of the fisherman will catch'em!

Comment

It might be Conroe as it has a healthy population of bream and whoopers like you caught. I believe Capt. Wayne comes over to get in on the fun.
      Life is an adventure-explore it.

Comment

wow that is something......congratulation....
        was ya'll fishing on the bank?
        I love to eat, fish and cook........not necessarily in that order

Comment

I'm with Killa. Nice catching! Boom!

Comment

Originally posted by fishy View Post
            wow that is something......congratulation....
            was ya'll fishing on the bank?
            Fishy, People who catch fish do so from boats . . . people on the bank watch people in boats catch fish.
            Nope, we just about always fish from our boat.

Comment

Working...
            X