Cedar Creek 12/9-10/2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cedar Creek 12/9-10/2016

Jackie Kennedy donated a guided fishing trip to help with a fundraiser for Lake Somerville Marina. CT and I decided to make a donation for the fundraiser to get the the trip. We planned a couple of extra days to fish on our own and drove up to Gun Barrel City Thursday afternoon.

We woke up Friday morning (12/9) to 27 degrees, but decided to go to try our luck on the lake anyway. We got on the water around 8:00am. Water temperature was 51 degrees at the boat ramp and 55 degrees in the main part of the lake. We drifted a few places with a decent wind early, but the wind died later in the day and we had to use the trolling motor to keep moving at 0.5 mph. At one point in the day, we passed over an underwater hump and found a school of fish so we tried to catch them. CT was jigging a slab and I tried a shad swim bait. He managed 1 white bass and 2 yellow bass, so I switched baits. Then the bite quit. We left there and went back to drifting for cats. We were seeing fish on the sonar, but could not get a bite. The sky stayed cloudy most of the day, so the temperature did not rise very much. We did get to see a little blue sky late in the afternoon and call it quits around 4:30.

Saturday we fished with Jackie Kennedy. The air temperature started out at 35 degrees and did not rise much throughout the day. With the wind blowing it seemed colder. We spent the day chatting about this and that. I did get hooked up and landed this 23.6 pounder.

A little later, CT got to reel one in. We did not weigh it, but estimated it at around 10-12 pounds.

We picked up and headed back to the ramp at 3:00. We had a good time fishing with Jackie.

Our plan was to fish again Sunday morning before heading home, but the wind forecast of gusts up to 45 mph made us rethink our plan. We decided to pack up and leave early.
    Good judgement is a result of experience. Experience is usually a result of bad judgement.

good report guys....ya'll sure look cold........ha
    I love to eat, fish and cook........not necessarily in that order

Comment

Thanks for the report CW. I enjoyed the trip...a bit on chilly side but walked away without frost bite.
      Few more pictures

Life is an adventure-explore it.

Comment

OK that din't work well!! Ok everyone just turn your head to see the Pics...Hahahaha

Comment

Let try this again

Click image for larger version

Name:	CC12.10.16 01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	189287 Click image for larger version

Name:	CC12.10.16 05.jpg
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	189288 Click image for larger version

Name:	CC12.10.16 17.jpg
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	189289

Comment

Sounded like a cold trip to say the least. At least you got your rod bent, even though there were periods of trying to stay warm.
            Work fascinates me, I can sit and watch it for hours.

Comment

If you are dressed for it, it helps. Heckuva nice fish in the net there fellas!

Comment

Working...
              X