Kayak Fishing Bastrop 7/02/15

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayak Fishing Bastrop 7/02/15

Brian and I launched at North Shore around 7:30 am Thursday morning. First time on this lake for both of us, yet we figured bass would be easy and might even find some crappie. We paddled south across from the park throwing swimbaits, lizards, and spinners, as well as jigging for crappie. We got off the water around 1:00pm. We landed 14 bass (8 for me and 6 for Brian) Brians 20" being the largest, I had an 18 1/2 and Brian had an 18. No Crappie this time, yet we had a great time on new water. Bonus was that my daughter recently moved to Bastrop from North Dakota, so I got to visit with her after we got off the water...Lawton
    "Help won't help tomorrow, if you give up today. Just hold on a little longer help is on the way"

no pictures?? 20 lashes with a wet noodle.............
    its good that you got to see your daughter and she has moved down close to you.
    I still have a son in virginia wishing every day he would move closer to home....
    I love to eat, fish and cook........not necessarily in that order

Comment

Looks like a great time on new water. The crappie have been elusive for me this year too...
      Good judgement is a result of experience. Experience is usually a result of bad judgement.

Comment

You got to try new territory and have an excuse to go more often now. Just being on the water is better than this chair anyday.
        Thanks for posting
        Work fascinates me, I can sit and watch it for hours.

Comment

Thanks for the report. Sounds like yall had a great day on the water!
          Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity!

http://copelandsconroecrappiefishing.webs.com/index.htm

Comment

Working...
          X