Choke 3-31/4-1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choke 3-31/4-1

Started out Saturday morning fishing past Callaham near the rv park throwing crankbaits. Wife had on a shad colored crankbait and I threw a deep diving crawdad colored crankbait. We caught 30 plus fish. Strange thing we started catching white bass. Lots of whites. Could not get into the black bass. After a while we got into, on the same rock island, the drum must have moved in. Wife and I caught some big drums off of the crankbaits. I don't fish for drum but I did not know they would hit a crankbait. I don't even fish for whites or drums. Almost every white we caught spit out shad. It was awesome. We did manage to catch black bass. A four, two and two and a half were the best on Saturday. Wife caught two whites at the same time on her crankbait. I tried to take a picture but one fell off before I could get the camera out. She was so excited. We then moved over to Four Fingers and caught 12 black bass in about 45 minutes time. Throwing senkos in 1 to 3 foot of water. We went back this morning and fished for about two hours before heading home. I threw the crawdad crainkbait in about a foot of water. After being hung up on numerous stick ups I thought I was hung up on another twig. I said "damn it" till it started moving sideways. I saw that fish jump and said get the net. It was a good one. 6lbs 5oz. black bass. Did not take pics of the drums. Bud Light Trail had a tournament and we went to the weigh in and it took 21.04 to win. Big Bass went for 5.99 pds. Bastrop tournament had a two day tournament and we went to their weigh in. First place Saturday was over 20 pounds. Great weekend and we had a blast. Camera lens was damp due to the fog on the 6.5.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000072.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	169081Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000073.jpg
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	169082Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000074.jpg
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	169083Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000075.jpg
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	169084Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000076.jpg
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	169085
    Last edited by N2BAS; 04-04-2012, 05:44 AM.

Sounds like you should have been in the tourney, for big bass at least. Great catch, hate the white bass got in the way but they are fun to catch. You're learning the lake congrats.

Comment

sounds like some great fishing to me. Thanks for the report
      Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity!

http://copelandsconroecrappiefishing.webs.com/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by pawpaw View Post
        Sounds like you should have been in the tourney, for big bass at least. Great catch, hate the white bass got in the way but they are fun to catch. You're learning the lake congrats.

Wish we had been in the tourne`y. The whites were fun to catch. Those drums pulled hard. I thought I caught the biggest bass in the lake when I caught the first one. Their fun to catch also, but uglier then Iam. L.O.L.

Comment

Very nice...Thanks for the report!!!
          Life is what you make it....So make it ...(THE GREAT OUTDOORS) !!!

Comment

Thanks for the report and love the pics!

Comment

Working...
            X