2nd pork trap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd pork trap

I've been debating O'what type of door to put on this trap & have settle for a guillotine.
    I made the door out of 1/4"plate framed in 3/4 angle.
    Alls I have left is fab the platform for the trigger, the trigger & a few braces.
    Here's a few pics:

Put some wheels on it to help with transporting

90% of the crappie are in 10% of the lake & 10% of the fisherman will catch'em!

Couple more pics:

Comment

that`ll work. Why arent you using hog pannel, Was cheaper last time I checked?
      Have a good`un
      Life is like a roll of toilet paper the closer to the end you get the faster it`s goes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_d5cFmFz4k

Comment

Your hogs are going to be looking good until you shoot them.

Comment

A few pics of the trigger platform & trigger.
          "Look out piggies SK is a comin"

The platform is hinged to the frame. Cable runs straight up & then towards the door.

Cable is connected to a pin that goes through the guide mounted to the frame & into the door.

Comment

And I welded a piece of pipe in the door to help the pin slide smoothly out when tripped, I also put a couple handles on the door to help handling it.

Comment

Traps have paid off already got two coolers full of Grade A prime pork, breakfast sausage time.
              I'll post a couple pics later, got one in the guillotine trap & 4 at one time in the side door trap all were 60 to 75lbs perfect for the box.
              I've only got about 500000000 to go & hopefully my deer will come back!

Comment

Here's a couple pics, I've got some video but I think it's too graphic so I'm not going to post it! How graphic well there were some eye balls to pop out!!!

FIL with 1st piggy!

Comment

Thats awesome SK! Congrats on building two succesful traps that are already producing good for you. Are your traps at one of your lease locations or do you have a seperate place where you are getting the hogs?

Comment

Working...
                  X