Matagorda Beachfront 11/16

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matagorda Beachfront 11/16

I went solo, well me and the Wilford dog this time to the sand at Matagorda. Arrived about 8:00am to a flat lightly sanded water that was extremely low tide. No wade gut, just a first bar, then fairly deep water out to the second bar. The tide has been very high for well over a month, and has cleaned up this beach, and made some dramatic changes. Driving was easy at the water line, and I hoped in and out of the truck, fishing live and cut mullet on 4 rods, stopping and fishing for 30 minutes then moving on down. The water cleaned up and turned clear green to the beach around 10am. I turned around at mile 11, and fished my way back. Fishing overall was pretty slow, I'm pretty sure I could have waded out and casted over the second bar and stayed busy with bull reds, but bull reds really aren't my thing. I boxed 2 big sand trout, and 4 medium whiting, and released 4 Atlantic sharp nosed sharks, and one small bonnet head shark. Got off the sand by 2pm, light winds flat surf mild temps, great day on the beach. No pics, I left my camera at home, and I really wanted some photos of the low flat surf...Lawton
    "Help won't help tomorrow, if you give up today. Just hold on a little longer help is on the way"

Even slow still sounds fun
    Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity!

http://copelandsconroecrappiefishing.webs.com/index.htm

Comment

yup slow even sounds very interesting....I do like the way you move around hunting for the fish......
      I love to eat, fish and cook........not necessarily in that order

Comment

That kind of fishing used to be my favorite . now when the water gets below 75 I bow out politely .
        sounds like you had a fun day in spite of the catching.
        Thanks for posting
        Work fascinates me, I can sit and watch it for hours.

Comment

Cool way to fish it..moving up and down the beach. I always have a hard time finding the right cuts near the good guts. Well done!!! Glad you caught some to bring home!
          Retired and Fishing!
          Be who you are and say what you feel ... because those that matter... don't mind... and those that mind ...don't matter!

Comment

Working...
          X