Gator took me fishing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gator took me fishing

Thursday was a break in the wind we have been having so time to try for some flounder for a change. Gator invited me to go with him and I jumped on the invite. Left the house at 4 AM headed to his home and got there around 5:15. Loaded the truck and off we went for an hour and a half drive to the launch point. I was surprised to see so many boats at the launch on a Thursday. Doesn't anyone work anymore? Back to fishing. Got the boat in the water and off we went to Gators Top Secrete Flounder spot. He blindfolded me so I couldn't find the area again. The tide was very high with the full moon and the bait was a little hard to catch since it was all in the grass. We managed to catch what we needed and onto fishing.
    This is a pic of the early morning sky.

Of course Gator had to show me how it is done by putting the first fish in the boat.

Next up it was my turn to catch a fish. What do you know it is a Speck almost as small as the bait I am using

Gator put it on me catching fish but I wasn't taking pic's just fishing, trying to catch up. Only the one pic of Gator, but he took several of me. I did manage a Texas Grand Slam even though all didn't go in the box.
    Here are a few more pics of the Freight trains we caught.
    Work fascinates me, I can sit and watch it for hours.

This is a pic of me trying to get a hook out of a Gar. We did catch several of these during the day.

I had a great time fishing with Tom and thank him for inviting me. Don't know the exact number of fish we brought home but I am guessing 5 Reds and around 15 flounder. I will correct this number soon as I get a count from Gator.
    See Ya on the Water!

Comment

Awesome! Glad y'all had fun!

Comment

Here are a couple more pic's to correct my fish count

Still a good day to be on the water with a friend.

Comment

Looks like a great trip to me. Those flounder are some funny looking fish, but they taste really good.
          Good judgement is a result of experience. Experience is usually a result of bad judgement.

Comment

you guys killed them..............I was driving to work that morning and looked up at that big flag on 105 and they were
            laying straght down with no wind at all.......I thot.......well them guys are gonna kill em today......surr nuff.
            way to go.........thanks for the post and the pictures.............
            I love to eat, fish and cook........not necessarily in that order

Comment

Working...
            X